NEVER A DULL MOMENT..

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Someone should honestly take away my..

Honestly, someone should take away my license, well my bike - more like it.  On my way to work yesterday afternoon I may or may not have hit, gently bumped, alright fine I full on ran into a businessman with my bike nearest the bus stop on the busiest street downtown.  I swear it was a complete accident.  I can't help that there was a sea group of four people absolutely taking up the entire sidewalk and the business man just happened to step out in front of me - I mean hello, you clearly saw me coming.  Why on earth would you step out in front of me and stare at me like a deer in headlights?  Honestly.

But I am so very thankful that I was not the guy who got hit by a car on his way to class.  I was riding my bike, yet again, on my way back to the apartment from class and I witnessed watched this boy on his bike- thinking that he could outsmart the man driving the little town car and pass right in front of him, when in fact it was a green light.  I'm not entirely sure, but maybe he thought that since the light was green it meant that he could go too?  Needless to say, his entire front wheel was completely obliterated within a second by the little car - you couldn't even call it slightly round anymore.  I felt absolutely horrible for this poor little man, but at the same time thinking "thank god that wasn't me". And yes I did ask if he was okay or needed help, but I think he was too embarrassed to admit anything, he just looked at me and said flat out, no.

So I learned a few things within the last twenty-four hours..

1) When riding on a busy sidewalk, if someone poses an obstacle or blocks your right of passage yell either "excuse me" or if that doesn't work just shout "MOVE" and hopefully they'll get the picture, if not they'll have a hefty set of skid marks, as a reminder to move next time.

2) Never by any means believe that you can outsmart the traffic signals and/or oncoming cars - you'll never win (if you still think so, please see the blurb above & maybe you'll rethink your strategies)

....and then I found five dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment