NEVER A DULL MOMENT..

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Every Girl Is Precious.

In contrast to my previous embarrassing entries, I recently finished reading the novel Push by Sapphire and watched its accompanying film, Precious.  The book and the movie both inspired made me think about my life and the lives of others and really value the life that I do lead, today.  It's heartbreaking to realize that there are people out there in the world who aren't loved.  And love is not defined by abuse, threatening remarks, and hatred.  It is caring, genuine support, always being there for one another, wanting to be around one another (friends or family), showing true affection, etc.  We all have our own definitions of love, and not to be cliché - but it really does make the world go around..

Anyways, both the movie and book are eyeopeners to what goes on in the world.  Especially if we're not used to being exposed to it in the first place.  This book (among other things) is one of the reasons why I want to take initiatives and be a leader and really make a difference in the world.  Everyone should have a chance at life - no matter their background or circumstances.  It just tears me apart that people really do experience this on a day-to-day basis, even though the book and movie were completely fictitious.

This is something that just has been on my mind lately... and this is precisely why my favorite quote of all times goes a little something like this, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi


......& then I found five dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment