NEVER A DULL MOMENT..

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's all about passion..

Passions really encompass who you are.  They are specific things that you live for, strive for, believe in, etc.  I strongly believe in passions, maybe it's just because I'm a passionate person, in general?  I feel like I'm just ranting now, but some of my strongest passions include: making a difference (who would've thought..), dancing, cooking, my younger brothers, Invisible Children, TWLOHA, Post Secret, my family, reading, being creative, including others.. And then I found five dollars

But why I bring up passions is because I have always loved to cook, this is probably going to make me sound like a big fat tubby. But the greatest part about all these recipes and making-of things, is that they're all organic and low calorie... Who would've guessed?

However, living on my own has allowed me to cook whatever I want. I have been experimenting lately with different recipes, trying out new things.

Today's latest special was: Greek Quinoa with Avocados - it's different but really good.
Yesterday consisted of making Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are gone by the way. The roommates loved them. They were gone within five hours minutes, no joke. Cookie dough making chocolate chip cookies after getting off of work early, was desperately needed.
Sunday was sweets baking day.  Made cupcakes for my Dad in the morning, before heading back to the EL for work.  Then came home from work and decided to try out a new recipe.  Usually I don't like fish, only in sushi, but I really enjoyed Honey-soy Glazed Salmon with Asparagus. It was supposed to be with spinach and red bell peppers, but I improvised by slabbing some asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper and throwing it in the oven for a few minutes.  

And for the record -- I am not trying to copy Julie & Julia.  I just thought it'd be fun not only to share my embarassing moments.  But to share my cookings, as well. Can't think of anything embarrassing at the moment to share, so that just means that I probably will later this evening.

Who knows what tonight will bring..
& then I found five dollars

1 comment:

  1. meg that all looks delish! can i have the receipe for the organic chocolate chip cookie?!

    ReplyDelete